Re: Fedora release lifecyle

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Rahul Sundaram (sundaram fedoraproject org) said:
If we are not planning on having Fedora as a stable server, we should not release a server variant. If we are going to do desktop and server variants, we should put some incrementally more effort into actually have something useful in each of these variants rather than just a different bunch of packages and stop going back and forth on what we are trying to do.

So, the only differentiation that's possible for a Server is the lifecycle?
I don't buy that.

There are various other ways to differentiate a server variant but extending the life cycle is in many cases much needed. It expands the scope of the variant being more useful than just a precursor of RHEL. I think we should atleast seriously consider serving that need. Giving that we already do backports, the merge of core and extras and the critical security fixes only policy for the last six months I suggested it does appear doable.

Rahul