Re: fedora-maintainers-annouce (was: Re: mailing-list reorganisation)

On Thursday 14 December 2006 00:59, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> No. No. No. I know that Extras has contributors that *only want the
> results*, not the discussions (seems I have to repeat myself here).
> There are for Example some upstream maintainers (I'd like to have more
> of them!) involved as {co-,}maintainers in Extras. They get a lot of
> mails already and they will get annoyed if we force yet another 50
> mails/month on them that they are not interested in. So we need a
> different solution to get the important informations to them (less then
> 5 mails/month). I still fail to see an alternative to
> fedora-maintainers-annouce. Jesse, do you have one for those people? Or
> don't you want upstream maintainers more involved?

I don't feel that it is healthy to grow a community of packagers that don't
get involved in these discussions.  At times we need to get the
input/discussion from ALL the packagers/maintainers involved, and we just
can't do that if we have a bunch that just don't care.

Release Engineer: Fedora