Re: fedora-maintainers-annouce

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thursday 14 December 2006 10:05, Warren Togami wrote:
The list has already been created for weeks now.  Just I haven't had
time to launch it.  FESCo made this decision, and FESCo is going ahead
with it, for the project under FESCo's jurisdiction.

No, it isn't. maintainers-list is for ALL fedora maintainers, not just Extras. I strongly do _not_ want to force all the Red Hat engineers to go subscribe to Yet Another List, it has been hard enough to get them on maintainers, I don't want to tell them now they have to be on TWO lists. This is why I'm so adamant about this, it is _NOT_ just FESCO.

The belief that all *VOLUNTEERS* can be expected to follow a discussion list like fedora-maintainers and not miss important announcements is just plain wrong. We will NEVER win if we truly expect this to happen.

RH engineers is a different story. It is at least possible for their management to expect them to follow as part of their job.

fedora-maintainers-announce is going forward, to be subscribed with folks in Extras owners.list.

If you have a problem with this, then it would require FPB to veto FESCO's decision.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com