Re: fedora-maintainers-annouce

On Thursday 14 December 2006 11:05, Warren Togami wrote:
> The belief that all *VOLUNTEERS* can be expected to follow a discussion
> list like fedora-maintainers and not miss important announcements is
> just plain wrong.  We will NEVER win if we truly expect this to happen.
>
> RH engineers is a different story.  It is at least possible for their
> management to expect them to follow as part of their job.
>
> fedora-maintainers-announce is going forward, to be subscribed with
> folks in Extras owners.list.
>
> If you have a problem with this, then it would require FPB to veto
> FESCO's decision.

If you're that hell bent on it, the suggestion I have is to subscribe
maintainers-list to maintainers-announce so that if people want it all, they
just subscribe to -list rather than both.  People who just want announcements
(and miss out entirely in the ability to drive the direction of Fedora) can
sub to -announce.

I still don't like more lists, but...

Release Engineer: Fedora