Re: 5k packages?

On 12/19/06, Matt Domsch <matt domsch com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 12:46:49AM -0500, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> I just noticed that we passed through the 5k packages mark in extras.
> Kinda neat - seems to be continuing to slowly grow. :D

well, 2500 (exactly) SRPMS, but yes, quite an accomplishment.

I know this is sort of a bogus stat, but has anyone considered
graphing this growth against the growth of debian and opensuse? One of
the big criticisms of fedora/RH was always that, compared to debian
and suse, there were many fewer centrally packaged programs which
could be relied upon to cleanly install and run, so it seems like
showing that Fedora is growing in this respect would be a nice
marketing point.

Luis