Re: kernels in the packaging universe

> On Wednesday 20 December 2006 11:40, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > If it is experimental,
> > let's call it just that.
>
> Some of these things are not 'experimental' as in "If it works, it may be
> included".  Some of these things will never be included, so to call them
> experimental is not right.
>
> How about dontuse.  Pretty clear right?

Personally, I'm voting for "don't bother".

This is a bad idea. We're encouraging fragmentation, and discouraging
the proper upstream path. If specific open source groups want to do
pre-upstream testing of kernel packages, let them make their own
unofficial repos. We'll link to them in our wiki.

~spot