Re: kernels in the packaging universe

David Woodhouse wrote:
On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 11:51 -0600, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
Personally, I'm voting for "don't bother".

This is a bad idea. We're encouraging fragmentation, and discouraging
the proper upstream path.

Absolutely.

 If specific open source groups want to do
pre-upstream testing of kernel packages, let them make their own
unofficial repos. We'll link to them in our wiki.

If we must. I think it's better to stick to "if it isn't upstream, it
doesn't exist" though.

We should make it clear we don't want _any_ kmod packages in the new
combined Core+Extras too.

If by "We", you really mean "you", then you'd be correct. FESCo, currently anyway, still allows kmods in limited cases.

-- Rex