Re: kernels in the packaging universe

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Dave Jones wrote:

> If by "We", you really mean "you", then you'd be correct.  FESCo,
> currently anyway, still allows kmods in limited cases.

Which was a mistake IMO.

Why?

To the best of my knowledge, the problem you have with kmods/alternate kernels is that people complain when they break, and they fill bugzilla with bugs that don't make sense -- because people don't understand that they're running funky kernels.

Right? Are there any other reasons not to package these alternate kernels?

Because that's a valid reason. But it also gives us something to shoot for: better reporting tools.

--g