Re: F7 Plan (draft)

Dave Jones (davej redhat com) said:
>  > I honestly think that we can no longer deliver _anything_ significant in the
>  > Fedora kernels that isn't upstream.
>
> Right.  Remember that original Fedora goal "Be close to upstream" ?
> We need to get back on track to that ASAP, not deviate further away.
> And shovelling things into separate RPMs is not the right answer to the
> current problem

I think the rough limit to things we can have that aren't upstream
are things like "driver in -mm that is on its way to Linus", or
"thing like Xen *with associated headcount to keep it in shape
reliably, because we can't yank it out from our userbase now that
we put it in" We can't really put all this on Dave.

Bill