Re: What do we want to archive with Fedora?

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"TL" == Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> writes:

TL> I more and more tend to think we should move the kmods and the
TL> kernels into some seperate add-on-repo.

If they're successfully banned from the merged Core+Extras, that's
what will happen anyway.  It still won't help the kernel developers;
their problems will persist as long as anyone loads any module not in
the base kernel RPM.

BTW, to touch on a topic from the last FESCo meeting, this would be an
example where it could be considered reasonable for a package to add a
repository.

The potential legal liability issues with doing so is a blocker to this. We dont the resources to cross check every now and then.

Rahul