[fab] Build and include NTFS module

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 12:57:13 UTC 2006

> On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 03:05 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > I would like to hear a decision on this being made by our counsel. We
> > have included Mono in Fedora on the basis of OIN
> > (http://openinventionnetwork.com/). OIN covers the Linux kernel as one
> > of its many components protected by it. Would this be enough for
> > Fedora
> > to include and build the NTFS module in the kernel package?
>
> Actually, it would be just build and distribute the NTFS module.  We
> already include it in source form as part of the kernel srpm.
>
> On a different note, I understand the OIN protects us as we distribute,
> how does it protect others as they REdistribute?  Is there any
> protection?

Has anyone taken up the banner for this issue?  I hate to be a finger
pointer, but since this may involve discussion with Red Hat's legal
department, we outside folks may not be able to handle it.  I'm sorry I
didn't put in a +1 on this issue earlier, I plumb forgot.  Referring
back to earlier discussions, it seems there's a LOT of interest in
fixing this situation.

     Fedora Project Board: http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board