[fab] Proposed Project: Fedora Testing

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Sat Jul 1 14:53:42 UTC 2006

Good start, Will.  I think Rahul's comments are right on, though:

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I would let the test suite run on a full development cycle, get the
> community involved and show the results before accepting it as a Fedora
> Project.

+1.

> There a few more related things to look into. BugZappers (bug triaging)
> needs a active team behind it. While there are few interested people, it
> is not currently well organized.

+1.  BugZappers *must* have a strong, engaged leader to succeed.  IMHO, if
you or someone like you isn't spending a day a week thinking about how to
build out a strong BugZappers team, then it's never going to achieve
critical mass.

> There are nice improvements to Red Hat bugzilla that could help.  Ex:
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/reports/core-bugs-today.cgi.  Also we need to
> make sure that bugbuddy works well as a desktop client with Red Hat
> bugzilla. Look into cooperating with this team -
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-June/msg00014.html.

+1 again.  This should be its own subproject.

--g