[fab] Succession Planning

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Sat Jul 22 12:45:59 UTC 2006

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, Rahul wrote:

> on 3) Can we put 75% in numbers? What is the rationale behind having a
> limit on Red Hat or non Red Hat seats? IMO, if its a elected position,
> whoever gets elected should be deemed fit to do the job regardless of
> their affiliation. Is Max Spevack, the Fedora Board lead or he is the
> Fedora lead within Red Hat. If its the former, should it be a elected
> position by Fedora contributors (as defined by rule 4)  or within the board?

Personally, I like the idea of splitting the board into two different term
cycles.  For example:

Term A, elections after release of FC(even)
Community 1
Community 2
Red Hat 1
Red Hat 2
Red Hat 3

Term B, elections after release of FC(odd)
Community 3
Community 4
Red Hat 4
Red Hat 5

Gurantees continuity -- without math.  :)

--g