[fab] New project formation is out of control

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Jun 8 19:10:00 UTC 2006

Fedora Project - the overall umbrella

 	Fedora XXXXX - Core, Extras, Docs, Ambassadors, etc.
 	Fedora Incubator - as described.

We need a name for the XXXXX that isn't also "project" because it's
confusing.

"The Fedora Project is a collection of... projects.  Any questions?"

To me "program" just sounds boring.

The next thing to do seems to be:

1.  Finish the guidelines

2.  Apply the guidelines to everything we can think of, determine where it
fits.

3.  Retire http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects and put a new page up
that is an authoritative list, based on 2.

4.  Wait for people to complain, point out stuff we missed, and
demonstrate why they should be in one bucket or the other, or not
mentioned at all.

--Max

--
Max Spevack