[fab] Proposed Project: Fedora Testing

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Fri Jun 30 21:32:30 UTC 2006

Hello, Fedora Board!

For the past month, I have been talking to Red Hat employees and Fedora
developers and enthusiasts about the idea of a Fedora testing project.

The mission of this project would be to use and develop Open Source test
software, test tools, and test processes to improve the overall quality
of Fedora and other Open Source software. In short, this would be like a
Red Hat-backed QA department for Fedora that produces things the whole
world can use.

Red Hat has committed to donating code and employee time to this
project. They will be making code and documentation available through
https://testing.108.redhat.com/ and employing me to lead it.

To this end, I'm writing today to formally request that you consider
making this effort an official Fedora project. A project page can be
found on the Fedora Project wiki which gives more detail about proposed
subprojects, goals, and so on:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraTesting

Thank you for taking the time to consider this. If there's any further
information needed, don't hesitate to contact me.

-w