[fab] 30-Day Certified GoDaddy.com Renewal Notice (fwd)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu May 4 21:57:16 UTC 2006

On 5/4/06, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> Elliot Lee wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone think it's important to keep these domains around? i.e. How
> > much do we care if ubuntu grabs the domains and puts up pictures of nekkid
> > women wearing fedoras? :)
> >
> > Best,
> > -- Elliot
> >

> I think we should hold on to these names for the foreseeable future.  We
> want to guard against potentially hostile squatters, and also it would
> be painful a few years from now if we change our mind and want to do a
> Foundation.  This is a tiny price to pay for insurance against these issues.

If we do keep them, they should point to something useful, like a
webpage with the current explanation of why the fedorafoundation was
not done and how the current fedora group is structured.

> fedora.org expires on May 28th, 2006.  Attempt to grab that? =)

And put the various special interest groups's page on that?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator