[fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue May 9 00:36:34 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 15:53 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> 1. If it's okay for RH to put nonstandard kernels into Fedora, then
> shouldn't it be okay for the community to put nonstandard kernels into
> Fedora?  If not, why not?

I think the reasons why we don't want to do this have been made quite
clear. Its a maintenance nightmare. I already told the OpenVZ folks that
we couldn't have a "VZ enabled" kernel package in Fedora unless it went
into upstream (or they could convince Dave Jones to include it in his
SRPM).

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!