[fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue May 9 14:53:55 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 09:49:24AM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> >
> >How do you define "same package quality" if it's an alternate
> >implementation?
>
> It follows the same packaging standards, review process, etc...
>
> >And starting to get bug reports from J. Foo's Fedora
> >that has a drastically different kernel or glibc or ... is going to make
> >things very very difficult for developers.
>
> Not for you, for whoever is maintaining the Alternatives pkg.

And how to you prevent users from filing bugs in Fedora bugzilla for
Alternatives packages?  Unless a totally different bugzilla is used, I can
see a bugzilla nightmare.  Even with that, you're going to get lots of
reports from people that are using a non-Core kernel in bugzilla and it
will be a burden.

josh