[fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue May 9 15:25:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 10:58 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> > I have a dream of a desktop bugzilla client in Fedora.  When you find a
> > bug, you fire up the prominently-placed client.  The client presents you
> > with package names, and you select which package the bug was in.  The
> > client will be smart enough to reconcile any questions about "which repo
> > this package came from".
>
> But the fact that a bug is in a package doesn't mean it's not due to
> some other component that's changed.  Especially when we're talking
> about the _kernel_ as the first thing.
>
> Jeremy

What this points out to me is the miserable way that Bugzilla works as a
whole.  Basically, we ask end users to provide data that a lot of them
don't have the knowledge to find.

This is a place where a desktop tool that provides data about
the system, plus knowledgeable bug triagers, could add a *ton* of
value.

--g