Re: [fab] Most Advanced 100% Free Distribution?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
I am not sure what the kernel binary blobs in this PR refers to. AFAIK, the upstream kernel itself includes firmware which we dont remove in Fedora. Our guidelides dont require source for all firmware and just redistribution rights.

Maybe we don't want to go this far. The benefits of redistributable firmware perhaps greatly outweigh the ideological benefits.

Firmware is nowhere near the level of evil as binary-only drivers hooking into the kernel.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com