[fab] FSF Requirements for srpm provisions

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Thu Nov 2 16:15:04 UTC 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 10:03, Jesse Keating wrote:
> This has come up on fedora-devel-list.  If somebody happens to spin a
> compose of Fedora rpms for say ia64, no modifications, no alterations, same
> exact binaries that were created at the same time the i386/x86_64/ppc ones
> were, do they have an obligation to host all the srpms again where they
> provide the spun release, or can they refer back to the mirror system of
> srpms?
>
> For that matter, when we allow people to make spins of Fedora comprised of
> their specific package set, do they have to provide the srpms of the
> packages they used?  Is it not enough to point to the unified source
> directories on the mirror system?

IANAL, but my understanding is that they can point back to our sources if
those are the sources they used to build the software.  Any modifications or
added software would, of course, need to have the sources provided
separately.  Our offers and commitments are sufficient to satisfy licensing
requirements in such cases.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com