Re: [fab] looking at our surrent state a bit

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 06:07, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [...]
>>  We still have no "Fedora Core steering Commitee" (see also
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2006-September/msg000
>> 79.html ) -- what core does or how decisions are made it completely in the
>> dark for the Community and that really sucks.
> We're working on that.  Core has mostly be handled by members of the Fedora
> board.  We'd like to change how this works for the next Fedora release.

thx.

>>  Why don't we have a public roadmap? That might give community members
>> at least a chance to get interested in topics and start helping getting
>> them done.
> We don't have a public road map as we haven't fully looked at all the changes
> we'd like to do for the next Fedora release.

I think we should plan a bit more into the future here (e.g. have some
rough goals for FC7 when FC6T3 [feature freeze] or FC6 get shipped or
shortly afterwards).

>  We just got FC6 out the door,
> and we're taking a bit of a breather.

Well, that's okay. I needed one myself.

>  New package versions continue to march
> on as always.

Sure.

> [...]
>>  * we can't do anything we'd like to do; I hope we can get a bit more
>> support from RH in the future
> That's a pretty vague and hurtful statement :/

I went a bit more into detail in another mail. Sorry, I should have done
this in the initial mail.

> [...]

Cu
thl