[fab] looking at our surrent state a bit

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 3 19:30:12 UTC 2006

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 00:02 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>
>>> Normally they are quiet most of the time. But they raise their voice if
>>> they think that's needed or if it's an area where they are working. That
>>> works quite well.
>> I read FESCo meeting mins everytime and I dont see many non FESCo
>> members actively participating or commenting in between meetings.
>
> I call BS.  I can think of a few offhand without even trying.  It
> doesn't happen every meeting, but it does happen.  Chris Weyl, Jesse
> Keating, even me before I became part of FESCo.  We _do_ let non-FESCo
> people participate whenever they'd like.

This wasnt about what was allowed but what happens in a regular fashion.
  People who are willing to participate in the list are much more than
those sitting on the same channel at meeting time due to time zone
differences, work time conflicts etc and hence list is always going to
be better for a broader discussion. Since the board meetings mins are
always published, anyone can discuss things after the meeting. I dont
see why that wouldnt work.

> I don't buy it.  The only time I would think such a private discussion
> would be required are if legal matters are being discussed.

Far from true. FESCo private lists wouldnt exist if that's the case.

Rahul