Re: [fab] looking at our surrent state a bit

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 15:11 -0500, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:

Our real goal: to figure out how to open Core to community developers. There. I said it. But it's going to take some *extremely* heavy lifting.

Or, more to the point, our real goal should be to abolish Core. Fedora
Extras has shown that the community can do it right. The Fedora
Packaging Committee is already setting standards for both Core and
Extras.

Merge Core and Extras. Really make it so that "Core" is only the
packages that go on the ISOs, and not anything else, not a special set
of rules.

Thats how this is already planned. If anyone is interested in moving this faster, they should look at participating in the infrastructure and that whats we depend on to take the next steps.

Rahul