Re: [fab] State of Fedora (a long email)

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

Quick and dirty braindump:

- merge fedora-test into fedora-devel -- people often don't get the
difference in any case

Test updates and test release discussions should be send to fedora-devel? That would result in too much traffic in fedora-devel IMO. We are planning to have more QA discussions and send the results of the test suite in the future to fedora-test list too.

- rename fedora-maintainers to fedora-contributors or fedora-project --
all people with cla_done get permitted, moderated for nearly everybody else.
- start using fedora-maintainers-announce (see above)

These are fine.

- delete:
 - fedora-config-list -- mostly dead, and people did not understand what
its use in any case
 - fedora-patches-list -- dead ?
 - fedora-tools-list -- mostly dead?

The last three are already dead. We dont delete mailing lists since we want to keep the archives.

Site note: We should create a rough mailing list guideline for Fedora,
as it is highly confusing that the lists are configured quite
differently (reply-to munging , Tags in the Subject the two most [only?]
important things).

Right.

Rahul