Re: Fedora Alternatives (Re: [fab] build service)

TL> And BTW, where is the rule in the packaging guidelines and the
TL> point in the review guidelines that forbids "Conflicts" or
TL> encourages people to avoid them?

There isn't one; Conflicts: is a perfectly valid thing to have.  It's
not really the Packaging committee's business to day whether conflicts
are permitted; its up to either FESCo or the core cabal to make that
policy.

What we could do is pass a guideline that any conflicts should be explicit
through a Conflicts: header, and to require specfile comments about
the nature of the conflict.  I'll raise it for discussion.  Of course,
this is moot if conflicts simply aren't permitted, but I personally
don't think that's reasonable.

 - J<