[fab] Idea:T-Shirts at Fedora Events...

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 21:07:26 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 17:45 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I wonder if this is a good or bad idea and would appreciate your input.
>
> Typically at events like FUDCON, or regional Linux shows, we hand out
> many free Fedora T-shirts.  Why don't we instead sell the t-shirts at a
> reasonable price (like $5-10) with all proceeds going to a selected
> charitable organization like Creative Commons, Electronic Frontier
> Foundation, or the FSF?
> Any ideas of other major charities that are in-line with the values of
> the Fedora Project?

FSF sounds like the best candidate to me; CC a distant second, since I
there's not a lot of good value in their licensing for software
purposes, although they've had good impact in other content areas, and
Fedora's primary mission is the advancement of free software.  I would
be circumspect about EFF and other groups that could reasonably be
considered more politically charged.