Re: [fab] Most Advanced 100% Free Distribution?

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 12:00 +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
To be honest, I find stallman's answers quite confusing!

>From http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FreeSoftwareAnalysis/FSF:
> > * Would it be possible for the FSF to go through our packaging
> > guidelines at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines and the
> > packages included in Fedora Core and Fedora Extras aside from our own
> > licensing audit and point out clear or potential issues with it?

> We can certainly go through the guidelines.  We have not yet done so,
> but we know of one problem in the current policy: it says that
> packages can be included which qualify as open source but not as free
> software.  In other words, not all packages need to meet the
> definition of free software.

Ok, why not add "free (with source codes) and opensource software" in
FE guidelines to satisfy this criteria ?

Because it will not satisfy this criteria. There is open source software that the FSF considers non-free. Everything that the FSF considers "free" is also considered open source. They want us to just drop the open source.

~spot