[fab] Architecture Policy.

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Nov 16 04:43:07 UTC 2006

Once upon a time Wednesday 15 November 2006 10:02 pm, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Is there a way to auto-CC someone on a per-arch basis in bugzilla?
> Contrary to popular belief, we do have a PPC userbase in Fedora and some
> of them even have kernel-fu.
>
> josh

Last time I asked i was told it was possible.  But could never find out who i
needed to ask so that all extras bugs reported against sparc were CC to me
automatically. I was told that a component  can not have a per arch owner in
bugzilla. In the end I i wrote a hack of a perl script that parses the output
of describecomponents.cgi and inserts the records in another bugzilla
instance database.  I used it for extras and core for aurora.

I think we need a way for whatever bug tracker we use to have a way for people
to watch / be auto assigned bugs  based on arch. perhaps implemeted through a
mail alias for each arch team.  any sparc bug gets auto cc
sparc-team at fedoraproject.org  ppc bugs  ppc-team at fedoraproject.org etc, it
should not be a mailing list.  you have a public record in bugzilla.

Dennis