Re: [fab] Secondary Arches

On 11/16/06, Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:
seth vidal (skvidal linux duke edu) said:
> Actually there are two pieces:
> packages push from build master to fedoraproject.org - those get rsynced
> to download.fedora. The reason we don't just push directly to
> download.fedora is that there isn't, apparently, any way to do that from
> outside.
>
> It is a more work than it should be.

To draw a little picture, when you build a package for Extras, the road
it takes is:

- your box (make upload)
- Phoenix (cvs.fedora)
- Duke (build master)
- Phoenix (build boxes)
- Duke (build master)
- RDU (mirror master)
- Phoenix (mirrors)

It isn't the most efficient process.

Bill

Yeah, the packages bounce around a lot but has that been a pain point
for anyone?

          -Mike