Re: [fab] Architecture Policy.

On Nov 16, 2006, at 4:49 PM, Dave Jones wrote:

The intel compiler is an easy one - you can't compile the kernel (and probably
a bunch of other apps) without patches right now.  I see your point
though, rpmoptflags would be a trickier one to spot.

I believe at one point, each binary .rpm encoded the values of all the macros as they were set at build time. Not sure if that's still the case, and I forget exactly how it was implemented (maybe as a RPMTAG stored in the .rpm?)

Each binary .rpm also stores the md5 or sha1 of the .src.rpm that it was built from, which means you can tell whether a binary package was built from unmodified .src.rpm's.

Best,
-- Elliot