[fab] Architecture Policy.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Nov 21 17:31:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 11:19 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> DW> I personally happen to think that 'package-monkey' is a perfect
> DW> term
>
> ... see "code monkey", which is used to describe people who know
> little about CS that produce generic code to spec:

As I said, it seems to be a perfect fit.

I have respect for those who give up their time to build packages for
Fedora, even if they lack the skills to fully maintain those packages.

I have less respect those who claim to be insulted by something as
innocuous as the term 'package-monkey'. I think this particular line of
discussion is not very fruitful -- if you have a sensible suggestion for
an alternative term which fits the bill as well as 'package-monkey' then
please feel free to offer it. Otherwise, let's just assume that these
people are adults and can deal with it.

--
dwmw2