Re: Metrics: RFC

On 11/22/06, Christopher Blizzard <blizzard redhat com> wrote:
Mike McGrath wrote:
o Rough guess of total number of installs
o Total number of server machines
o Total number of desktop machines

Its impossible to get server vs desktop

o Number of people who install, use, then never use again
o Total number of people who use on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
o What hardware people are using in the field.

I think we'd all love to see a hardware profiler, its been on the
infrastructure schedule since before I joined the team.  The problem
is actually getting enough traction to get it developed and deployed.
Is this something we could have ready for FC7 or should we come up
with something very basic first and then release something more
advanced for FC8?

                    -Mike