FESCo future

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Nov 27 17:08:30 UTC 2006

Greg Dekoenigsberg schrieb:
> My $0.02 on the structure of the F-star board:
>
> No mandate of RH/non-RH seats.  At all.  Pure meritocracy. [...]

Honestly I'd like to agree. I even think we can and should get rid of
the proposed mandate or RH/non-RH seats in the future (two or three
years from now mabye?).

But we IMHO need it for now to really set a sign to the public: "We
seriously want the community involved in Fedora. Thus to show our trust
to the community we added this rule to make sure that they wil have
certain influence in the central board that in the future will govern
what was known as Fedora Core until now".

CU
Thorsten Honestly Leemhuis -- thl ;-)