Re: FESCo future

On 11/27/06, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk redhat com> wrote:
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> But we IMHO need it for now to really set a sign to the public: "We
> seriously want the community involved in Fedora. Thus to show our trust
> to the community we added this rule to make sure that they wil have
> certain influence in the central board that in the future will govern
> what was known as Fedora Core until now".

Why not send that signal through an open election?

--g

Stuff like this becomes less of a worry if we focus on SIG's for
various software packages/groups instead of a large all encompassing
body.  Groups like KDE, Gnome, java, PHP, etc could get their own
SIG's and own repos.  I'm not saying we should do this, but I do think
we should look at doing it.

          -Mike