Re: FESCo future

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Mike McGrath wrote:

Stuff like this becomes less of a worry if we focus on SIG's for
various software packages/groups instead of a large all encompassing
body.  Groups like KDE, Gnome, java, PHP, etc could get their own
SIG's and own repos.  I'm not saying we should do this, but I do think
we should look at doing it.

Yeah, I think there's a lot of merit in this approach.

The job of F-star should be to make sure that packages in Fedora are built properly, work together, and are properly maintained. This includes "release management" of F-star in its entirety, IMHO.

The management of various "distros" that are derived from F-star should be individual Projects or SIGs. Fedora Desktop would be a Project. Fedora Games would be a SIG. Sounds good to me.

--g