Re: FESCo future

Josh Boyer wrote:

You could prevent that by requiring all buildsys and repo storage bits
be owned by someone other than RH.  Including the netapp hosting, and
domains, etc.

Would be expensive, but then they have no recourse for "pulling it off
the wire" because they don't own the wire.

I want to get to a world where the buildsys and repo storage bits are hosted with Red Hat only for convenience and reliability. Not control. That's part of this process. Push all the packages outside of the firewall, get the buildsystems out there, let people contribute buildsys "bandwith", give lesser arches their own way forward, etc. It's all down that path to moving RH to a 1st tier contributor, nothing more.

However, I will note that "pulling something off the wire" is often done for sound legal reasons, not for biz reasons. Everyone involved in this discussion should be clearly delineating between the two.

--Chris