[fab] Re: Firefox splash page tracker

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Oct 5 14:20:59 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 October 2006 10:12, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I was particular that we dont lose out a important metric and related
> benefits because of the process being not ideal. I think with yum mirror
> list and yum-updatesd installed by default in Fedora Core 6 we get
> enough data non intrusively that we dont need to rush this up right now.

I agree.  Post-fc6 I would like to work on a firstboot screen that would ask
users to opt-in to a end user survey that would gather (anonymously) some
info about the hardware and possibly what software sets were installed and
upload them to a public page, where anybody could check the results.  Much
like:

http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

--
Jesse Keating