[fab] Fedora Project and Hosting

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Oct 20 16:43:52 UTC 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 10:58, Warren Togami wrote:
> > What prevents somebody from creating a project and checking in sources
> > that are highly illegal?
>
> CLA and some group membership that requires sponsorship would be more
> than sufficient to guard against this.  cvsextras would be a good
> starting point.

Which certainly sounds like "bureaucratic hassles or delays" to me.  First a
user has to get a CLA, then somebody has to sponsor them to be added into a
group, and wait for propagation.

My point being that we can't have any sort of self protection without
bureaucratic processes.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora