[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Release Engineering Meeting Recap from Monday 16-APR-07



Formatted text and full IRC log here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2007-apr-16

Please make edits to the wiki if I've mis-characterized an issue or left something out.

John

== Executive Summary ==
 1. Freezing for Test4 tomorrow (17-APR-07)
    * f13 to create tag and start signing packages on 17-APR-07
    * start of continuous freeze until Fedora 7 goes GOLD
    * potential checkins for F8 starting in June (assuming all goes well)
* any builds will have to be brought to rel-eng fedoraproject org before it'll get included in:
      a. Rawhide
      a. the final release.
* Eventually need documentation surrounding the freeze and distro build process
 1. Merge of extras and core
    * will not delay F7
    * will most likely not be completed until after F7
    * held up because of equipment needed in the colo
* post-merge some packages will need to be rebuilt to pick up deps that used to be in Extras 1. In the future we should consider a mass rebuild of all packages around, but no later than test2
 1. Still working on increasing build capacity
 1. Discussion of Features
    * incomplete features at this stage of the release will be dropped
    * incomplete features will not block the release
    * poelcat will go ping feature owners and update the wiki
* Unclear whether codecbuddy is in or out: controversy over whether it should block the release or not * Known feature which are OUT: boot/shutdown, customdistro (as written) fix wakeups, newinit, syslogng, texlive * Known feature which are IN: fast-user-switching, fds, everything, kde, prime, targeted spins, firewire, libata, livecd, nouveau, rpm/yum, wireless, tickless, pungi, firmware, smolt 1. wwoods reported on the state of the trees + discussion of important areas needing testing
    * looking pretty solid
    * most concerned about the pata/libata changeover
    * concerns about iwlwifi and e1000 changes
    * upgrade testing from FC6 and FC5
    * automated testing is being conducted using KATE
    * SNAKE scheduled for release around May 3
    * Friday is a kernel bug triaging day
    * bad mkinitrd bug which hoses scsi     *BZ 220470
1. wwoods will write the test4 announcement which will include known problems, newly added features, and upgrade issues
 1. Blocker bugs
* Blocker bugs are best effort; not *all* blocker bugs must be fixed to go GA * Blocker bug criteria: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/ReleaseCriteria * F7 blocker bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=150226 is the big blocker for FC7 * F7T4 blocker bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=F7Test4
 1. Potential schedule slips
    * none known at this time
 1. Open discussion
    * cdrkit
         * need to decide what to do with it
         * Extras vs. Core and when to merge
* wwoods "I got confirmation from the bluez maintainer that the firmware is freely redistributable (although non-modifiable), just like the intel firmware"
 1. Next Release Engineering Meeting
    * Thursday 19-APR-07 at 18:00 UTC (14:00 EDT)
    * Coordination of sub-groups
    * Test4 status
    * When should we branch for F8?


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]