Release Engineering Meeting Recap from Monday 16-APR-07

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Fri Apr 20 01:42:28 UTC 2007

> Josh Boyer wrote:

> >> That was before the disttag discussion started IIRC.  Rahul has asked a
> >> few times for FESCo to discuss this again.  I added it to the agenda and
> >> we should take a quick vote on it.
> >
> > So people don't have to wait for the meeting minutes to come out, this
> > was discussed today in the FESCo meeting.  The issue was voted down.  A
> > mass rebuild for this will not be done.
>
> For this release or even in the future? To clarify, everyone is FESCo
> was ok with packages with "fcX", where X can be very different from what
> release it is included in depending on when it was last rebuilt?

This release was all that was discussed.  If new proposals for future
releases come to bear, this topic can be revisited.  For now, a note
will be placed in the Release Notes for F7 about packages potentially
containing .fcX where X can be different from the current release.

Here is the voting record:

Jesse Keating: -1
Dennis Gilmore: -1
Josh Boyer: -1
Christian Iseli: -1
Bill Nottingham: -1
Brian Pepple: -1
Kevin Fenzi: -1
Jeremy Katz: -1
Jason Tibbitts: -1
Tom Callaway: No vote
Warren Togami: No vote
Rex Dieter: No vote
Toshio Kuratomi: No vote

The no votes were either absent people or really not vote.  Either way,
the majority of FESCo is against the rebuild.

josh