Re: FESCo/FPB vote counting

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, Mike McGrath wrote:

That sounds very little. Aren't we more like at least four times as
many packagers alone? And weren't there even non-packagers admitted to
vote? QA/doc/managment (I hope Max was allowed to vote :) etc?

I don't know how many accounts were entitled to vote in total, but we
probably only had 20-25% of people caring to vote, which looks
bad [1]. How can we improve this mark?

[1] Some people will use the argument "everyone was happy, so no one
    went voting", but that's not a valid argument. If people are happy
    the least they could do is click on a web voting application to
    confirm their happyiness (which BTW is really a painless effort,
    credits to the authors of it, I think this was mainly Toshio).

Its a sad thing to say but...

"Most people were american, so no one went voting"

I could be wrong, but I bet apathy played a roll in low voter turnout. Or a lack of knowledge about the candidates.

Don't blame me, I voted for Jef.

Seriously -- if we think that it's important to get more people to vote, we need to make a concerted effort. As in, a nag script. "We see you haven't voted yet! Voting for the membership of (Fedora board / Fedora subproject foo) is one of your most sacred rights as a citizen of the Fedora nation! It'll take two minutes, srsly. Click here!"

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager