FESCo/FPB vote counting

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 18:23:03 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 08:57:50AM -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
>> On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 10:21 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> > Where are the numbers for the most recent elections?
>> Here's the numbers for the last election.
>>
>> 107 Voters
>
> That sounds very little. Aren't we more like at least four times as
> many packagers alone? And weren't there even non-packagers admitted to
> vote? QA/doc/managment (I hope Max was allowed to vote :) etc?
>
> I don't know how many accounts were entitled to vote in total, but we
> probably only had 20-25% of people caring to vote, which looks
> bad [1]. How can we improve this mark?

Well, I for one didn't even realize the election took place until I
found out that I won a seat -- by way of my getting subscribed to the
list.  Maybe I missed these FESCo voting announcements but I saw at
least 3 or 4 announcements for the board election.  It would be
interesting to see if the board election had better turnout.  If so, I'd
say we ought to simply make sure people know there's an election going
on.  And advertise election dates EARLY.