kqemu is now GPLv2

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Feb 6 20:05:11 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> On Tuesday 06 February 2007 14:35, Florian La Roche wrote:
>> Fabrice did give an ok to package the old kqemu for Fedora, just didn't
>> want to see it offered for Red Hat's enterprise offerings. The Fedora rules
>> about what licenses we ship as been the barrier for inclusion.
> Yes, I know it has, but all external kmods make me want to punch kittens.
> That and the craptastic hacks we have to do to support them.

Well, yes, they are problematic. But don't do harm to kittens -- it's not
their fault ;-)

> When we move to the unified tree of packages, I really don't want to hold
> kernel updates up for all the extra kmods to be built against it, but if I
> don't the repo will not be clean.  This will be a serious problem, one of the
> reasons I was very very very against allowing external kmods in Fedora.

Nevertheless a lot of people want them. I think we should provide a
solution for them. I'm willing to maintain a special repo for them, but
I'd like to do that (and some other things) under the hood of the Fedora
Project. I actually wrote something up about it with more details during
my flight to Boston. But I need to look over it before posting it.

CU
thl