Re: Extending FC5 lifecycle?

Axel Thimm wrote:

Extending the life cycle of Fedora releases

As proposed earlier in the Fedora Summit [1], Fedora Project has decided to extend the life cycle of Fedora releases. Previously every release of Fedora reaches end of life after FCn+2 test 2 is released which is approximately 9 months. We have now extended this such that every release of Fedora is maintained for a month after FCn+2 is released.

Maybe add "resulting to a net release life of approximately 13
months"? We'd like to stress the improvement of 4 additional months,
many users will not really know the internals of Fedora release
cycles.

Ok.

This means end users of Fedora Core 5 and Fedora Core 6 will now get updates till after a month after the release of Fedora 7 and 8 respectively. This was planned to allow end users the ability to optionally skip every other release and directly upgrade from N to N+1 release of Fedora.

You mean "from N to N+2".

Duh, yes. Paul W. Frields did it better now. Jesse Keating, do you want to mention Fedora Legacy in this?

Rahul