Extending FC5 lifecycle?

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Mon Feb 19 15:04:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 09:49 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 20:06 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> [...snip...]
> > Jesse Keating, do you want
> > to mention Fedora Legacy in this?
>
> Just to bring out a quick discussion Rahul and I were having on IRC, I'm
> not sure we want to include that in this particular announcement.
> Although the subject matter is a good fit, right now we don't have the
> infrastructure in place to support a resurgence of Legacy.  (Let's leave
> aside the issue of whether anyone actually wants to *do the work*.)

Umm Legacy? Legacy is closed, dead, ka-put. Legacy not working had
little to do with the infrastructure. It had mostly to do with no one
wanting to do the hard work of security back-porting. Keeping up with
the alerts, fixing the pkgs and testing them is difficult, laborious and
not-terribly-fun work. That's what made legacy not work.

So we should not speak of legacy unless someone has a big pile of money
or a big pile of committed, involved and talented folks who will never
leave us. :)

since we have neither of those...

-sv