Re: smolt privacy policy

On Tuesday 20 February 2007, Luis Villa wrote:
> On 2/20/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath redhat com> wrote:
> >
> > I think that policy was something that was created and never finished.
> > I'm not even sure what context to apply to it.
>
> I had assumed that (like most privacy policies) the context is 'we're
> trying to explain what goals we're trying to meet with your data'. But
> I'm not sure of the historical/project context around it. The wiki
> history suggests it was written basically completely with one person,
> so maybe it doesn't have the buy-in I assumed it did.
>
> > Who maintains it?
>
> Wiki says Patrick Barnes; I'm still relatively-speaking the newbie
> around here and have no idea who that is :)

Yes, I wrote the thing.  It got a little bit of review within the project, but
was never passed through Legal or given a final go-ahead.  I still feel like
it would be useful to get that review and implement the policy.

With that established policy, the requirements left for smolt are greatly
reduced.  It would then need only to list what data is being submitted and
under what jurisdiction the data will be managed, pointing to the overall
policy for the rest.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 n-man com