Re: Dell + Linux

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 10:54:40AM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
> >Mike McGrath (mmcgrath redhat com) said:
> >
> >>What are we doing to make sure that this is a good experience for Dell
> >>and their customers?
> >>
> >>http://wirelessisfun.com/2007/02/20/dell-powered-by-linux/
> >>

> >Maybe I'm misreading this, but:
> >
> >"Apparently after the new customer feedback website opened by Dell, 2 out
> >of 3 customers are asking for a pre-installed Linux distribution. They are
> >talking about a tri-choice between Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSUSE..."
> >
> >So, if I'm getting the pronoun-antecedent relationship right, it says:
> >
> >- customers are requesting Linux
> >- the *customers* are talking about the tri-choice
> >
> >i.e., there's nothing from Dell stating that they're actually doing this.
> >Would love to be proved wrong.

Bill reads this correctly.

> I've been waiting for Matt to see exactly what the deal is :-/

More after lunch.  :-)  The dellideastorm site is a way for Dell to
collect ideas from end users, and let others vote on them.  Then the
ideas are collected and run through the org, to see what can be done.

I just hope those 65k votes are real, and not bots.

--
Matt Domsch
Software Architect