Re: CLA requirements

Karsten Wade wrote:

You miss the point completely. In short we dont expect ambassadors to be highly technical people. Making all of them sign the CLA is currently a high barrier to entry.

There is no big technical difficulty in signing the CLA.  It is not that
high of a barrier.

When people balk at accomplishing a minor technical task to gain entry,
it makes me wonder.  I personally consider that being able to obtain and
use a GPG key *should* be a requirement for anyone representing Fedora.
If they are stopped from participating by that ... well, disappointing,
but, oh, well.  Anyway, that's just MHO and does not represent the
direction I am backing for Fedora.

Depends on the context. If it's for maintaining a package, it is just part of the process. The maintainer has to deal with much more complicated things than a gpg signature during the course anyway. For a ambassadors, it is relatively high. For someone new, editing a wiki for adding some simple comments or fixing a typo, its way too high to bother.

Rahul