Re: Good riddance, ESR

Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:

The real question: how do we get *heard*?
Grass roots? Lets make sure we all (FAB) have slashdot and digg type accounts and comment, answer questions, be intelligent, don't feed trolls, etc. Point out that whenever someone says "Fedora is losing users to Ubuntu" that the fact is we are gaining more users every day. Whenever someone says MP3's, tell them why MP3's are bad and mention how easy it is to get MP3 support. Whenever someone says Fedora is the playground of Red Hat mention that 81% of our registered users are not @redhat.com. Talk about the merging of core and extras, there's plenty of stuff we can do to just get people used to seeing our name and that we're a fighting group that cares about our work and that cares about the larger Open Source universe. I regularly check digg and slashdot comments only to find 1-3 mentions of Fedora in Linux related forums.

   -Mike